[mapserver-users] 16 bit PNG or 16 bit jpeg output

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Jan 19 03:13:54 EST 2012

Hi,

Could it be possible for you to use WCS 1.0.0 for avoiding the multipart thing?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

________________________________
Ragi Burhum  wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to output a single band 16bit png (or jpeg) output from a Mapserver WCS service.

I have tried the following output formats:

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME jpeg
    DRIVER "GDAL/JPEG"
    MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
    IMAGEMODE INT16
    EXTENSION "jpg"
    FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=85"
 END

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME GDALPNG
    DRIVER "GDAL/PNG"
    MIMETYPE "image/png"
    IMAGEMODE INT16
    EXTENSION "png"
    FORMATOPTION "FILENAME=result.png"
  END

When I try different IMAGEMODEs, I get the correct results, but for some reason, INT16 does not work. I looked through the mailing list and I noticed that this question has been asked before:

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/16-Bit-PNG-Output-td6249725.html
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Using-a-16-bit-per-band-PNG-image-td2490088.html

I tried looking for a ticket in Trac, but I had no luck. Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I could accomplish this somehow with a custom gdal driver?

Also, a side question, if I wanted to make sure the replies from my WCS getcoverage calls were not multipart (I am just interested in the binary output), is there some mapserver-specific setting I can use to just get that image as a reply instead of the accompanying xml files?

Thanks!

- Ragi