[mapserver-users] Labeling behavior at the edge of image

Jackey Cheung cheung.jackey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 04:49:28 EST 2012

Hi all,

I've met an issue during my work. There is a polygon right at the edge
of an generated image. By setting position to auto, the label is
rendered, shifted a little bit off. It's as expected I would say.
However, a question arose immediately, what happen to the label of the
other part of the same polygon in the tile right next to this image?
Answer is that it's not render, no label to the other part. It seems
reasonable too. But it does seems a bit odd to viewers, since after
tiles are shown on a browser tile by tile side by side. No one will
notice that there is the edge slicing the polygon right into two
parts, and the label is shifted off from the center of the polygon.
So, if I would like to have the label sits right at the middle
(position cc) of the polygon, then what?

Not sure if it can be achieved. I've tried allowing partial label, but
doesn't seem working. Anyone have any idea?