[mapserver-users] 16 bit PNG or 16 bit jpeg output

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Jan 19 16:40:49 EST 2012

Hi,

I believe you can configure Mapserver to create also compressed tiffs. There are many alternatives to choose on the gdal driver page http://gdal.org/frmt_gtiff.html

-Jukka Rahkonen-
________________________________
Ragi Burhum wrote:

> Hello Jukka and Stephan,

> Thank you a lot for the pointer. Yes, version 1.0.0 definitely does the trick and I will use that instead. I got a big confused with the documentation and it was not too clear to me that was the behavior. Thank you!

> As far as my original question for 16bit png (or jpeg) output, is there something that can be done about that?

> The tiff output files I get are too big for such a small area and it makes unusable for mobile devices.

Thanks again,

- Ragi

Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 18:46:37 +0100
From: Stephan Mei?l <stephan at meissl.name<mailto:stephan at meissl.name>>
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] 16 bit PNG or 16 bit jpeg output
To: Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi<mailto:Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>>
Cc: "mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>"
       <mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>>

if you omit the mediatype parameter with version 2.0 you definitely get
back only the binary output as requested in the format parameter. In WCS
1.1 afaik you always get back a multipart response and in WCS 1.0 always
only the binary.

cu
Stephan