[mapserver-users] getSymbol (): Symbol definition error.

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jan 26 09:12:30 EST 2012

On 12-01-26 9:43 AM, Smith, Michael ERDC-CRREL-NH wrote:
> CARTOLINE symbol type has been dropped from MapServer 6. You'll need to
> remove any symbol that is CARTOLINE.
>
> The GD driver is no longer used for PNG output. I'd remove the
> OUTPUTFORMAT block entirely and just use the built in definition for PNG.

Mike is right: your MS4W 3.0.1 contains MapServer 5.6.6, whereas your
MS4W 3.0.3 contains MapServer 6.0.1

As an aside, with the latest MS4W (3.0.4-beta1) you can get both
versions through the commandline:

 > mapserv -v

MapServer version 6.1-dev (MS4W 3.0.4) OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=KML SUPPOR
TS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPP
ORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_S
ERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS
SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT
=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/