[mapserver-users] mapcache

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Thu Jan 26 13:30:38 EST 2012

I'm giving mapcache a try but with no luck.  Well, some luck.  The module
loads fine and the demo (vmap0, http://127.0.0.1/mapcache/demo/wms) also
works fine.  I see the tiles being generated on disk.  Great.  However, the
problem comes in with my own data/services.  A few questions may help me
determine the problem.

- in the source element, how do you define multiple layers?  Comma
separated or separate <layers> entries?

- in the tileset element, can you have multiple grid entries?  It doesn't
seem like it from reading the documentation but the sample tileset shows
both the "g" and "WGS84" grids.

- for cache type attributes, what are the possible values?  The docs show
several possibilities (disk, sqllite, memcache) but the sample shows
type="tiff" which is not listed on the doc page.  Can other file extensions
be used here?

- when I define a FORMAT with name and type, how does that get used?  I see
that is called in the tileset but how does that relate to the image type
under getmap/params/format?

The doc page I am referring to is at
http://www.mapserver.org/trunk/mapcache/config.html.  I'm sure I'll have
other questions as I work my way through.  Thanks for this awesome addition
to Mapserver!

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware