[mapserver-users] WFS version and axis order

Randy How rhow at i3.com
Thu Mar 1 11:55:21 EST 2012

I need a second option so I can respond to a customer regarding their
concerns of using our WFS services.  Their concern is mainly confidence and
the ability of moving forward.  As you know in the WFS version 1.1 the axis
order switched.

These are their assumptions:

* WFS v 1.0 will serve data in lon, lat order
* WFS v 1.1 can serve data in lon, lat and lat, lon as well

MapServer-Users, Is there way in WFS v1.1 to maintain the lon,lat order for
every projection, client request parameter or server configuration?

* We need a way to clearly define how to build BBOX for request (lat,lon or
lon,lat) and in what order will be the response – I think that order should
be consistent for request and response.

MapServer-Users, the last bullet refers to the relationship between BBOX
and the WFS versions.  Please confirm BBOX will always be of the contruct:
minx,miny,maxx,maxy
Thanks in advance,
Randy