[mapserver-users] WFS version and axis order

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Thu Mar 1 14:25:21 EST 2012

On 01/03/2012 18:34, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately axis order in WFS 1.1.0 (or in GML3) is complicated.
>

>> I need a second option so I can respond to a customer regarding their concerns of using our>  WFS services.  Their concern is mainly confidence and the ability of moving forward.  As you>  know in the WFS version 1.1 the axis order switched.
>
> Too genaralised to say so. There are systems which have officially easting-northing axis order, like WGS84 UTM zones, and for them WFS 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 must behave similarly.

just in case anybody needs a list of EPSG codes with the swapped axis
orders: the Mapserver source code has a file named 'mapaxisorder.csv'
with all codes that are supposed to have x/y axes inverted. I guess this
is the same for WMS 1.3.0 and WFS 1.1.0

You can directly get the single file via
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/export/13191/trunk/mapserver/mapaxisorder.csv

armin