[mapserver-users] FW: Run-time Substitution

Paul Maddock Paul.Maddock at ijus.net
Wed Mar 21 08:40:13 EDT 2012

Mapserver 6.0.1

From: Lime, Steve D (DNR) [mailto:Steve.Lime at state.mn.us]<mailto:[mailto:Steve.Lime at state.mn.us]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:31 PM
To: Paul Maddock; mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: RE: Run-time Substitution

Which version?

From: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> [mailto:mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org]<mailto:[mailto:mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org]> On Behalf Of Paul Maddock
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:03 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [mapserver-users] Run-time Substitution

Dear anyone willing to help,

I'm having a hard time interpreting how to properly execute runtime cgi variable substitution using an <input> of type=text.

If I replace '%county%' with a sample county attribute value in single quotes the EXPRESSION works and is displayed on the returned html template.

Currently my html input variable in the template looks like this  :
<input type="text" id="county" name="county"  />

...and my mapfile variable to be substituted for looks like this:
                LAYER
                                NAME blah_ohio
                                STATUS OFF
                                TYPE POINT