[mapserver-users] Problem with Class Expression

Marc-André D. qc_mad at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:41:43 EDT 2012

Hi list,

I've searched a bit in the mailing list about this problem, but I didn't
really found any good answer to my problem.

Want I would like to do: only to show some labels between a range of scale
(1:1000 and 1:5000) based on an attribute in my shapefile.

BUT: When i uncomment the "expression" line, in my app (GeoMOOSE) I receive
a (not)nice Pink Screen Of Death and in my Apache2 log file, a segmentation
fault error show up (/msSHPLayerGetShape(): Shapefile error. Shapefile layer
has not been opened.
[Thu Mar 29 09:48:31 2012] [notice] child pid 26937 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)/ )

Here is my problematic layer:

LAYER
    NAME 'superficie'
    DATA '../440_MRC_Coaticook/44037_Coaticook/centroide_pts.shp'
    STATUS ON
    TYPE ANNOTATION

	LABELITEM 'SUPERFICIE'
	LABELCACHE ON

	CLASS
		NAME 'Superficie'
		EXPRESSION ( [AREA] >= 1 ) # the problematic line...
		MAXSCALEDENOM 5008
		MINSCALEDENOM 1008
		LABEL
			FONT vera_sans