[mapserver-users] tracking the origin of errors

Peter N. Schweitzer pschweitzer at usgs.gov
Thu Nov 1 13:35:22 PDT 2012

Help!

I see a variety of messages in my mapserver log file with debug off.
Some, like these, prompt me to ask what parameters were used when the
error condition occurred:

msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. projection not named
msProjectRect(): some points failed to reproject, doing internal sampling.

But despite changing debug to 5, I don't see any information in the log
that would indicate what the input was.

I use mapserv exclusively to provide OGC WMS and WFS, so it would help
to have the URL for the requests in which there was an error.

Is there any way to get mapserv to provide this information?

Peter
--
Peter N. Schweitzer (MS 954, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA 20192)
(703) 648-6533  FAX: (703) 648-6252  email: pschweitzer at usgs.gov
<http://geology.usgs.gov/peter/>