[mapserver-users] MapCache (6.2) Backwards Compatability

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 01:01:54 PST 2012

The power of two requirement is due to the "drill-down" seeding mode where
we want to seed the child metatiles of a given metatile. It works as
expected for the wgs84 and google grids as their resolutions are multiplied
by two at each zoom level, but the behavior is less optimal for custom
grids that do not enforce this constraint.
All in all, I'm not completely satisfied about this constraint, and it
might effectively cause an uncomplete seed if you reseed a tileset that was
previously accessed with a different metatile size.

--
thomas