[mapserver-users] MapCache (6.2) Backwards Compatability

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Fri Nov 2 08:54:30 PDT 2012

Trying to test the new version of mapcache, specifically the seeder, against a slightly older mapcache configuration file. I'm seeing an error like:

  "metatile size is not set to a power of two, rerun with e.g -M 8,8"

It's true that the tilesets in my config file have metatile set to 5,5.  I don't recall why that size, probably just copied directly from example configs... Those values haven't cause an issue to date.

I'm wondering why the requirement (power of 2) and what the effects will be if I do some limited tile regeneration on an existing tileset using a different metatile size.

Steve