[mapserver-users] Mapserver and filter in version 6

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Nov 23 05:16:28 PST 2012

Hi,
Did you add the validation block that is needed in 6.x for ”fasokex”? http://mapserver.org/cgi/runsub.html
You know for sure better than I why to use &fasokex=”+fastsok+” instead of &fasokex=210176493
-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lars-Göran Edholm wrote:

Hi!
I have a problem with filters in Mapserver 6.
In Mapserver 5 I defined my filter as FILTER ([FNR] IN '%fasokex%') and made a call with a new parameter like
var fastsok=210176493
http://172.20.1.218/cgi-bin/mapserv52/mapserv.exe?fasokex="+fastsok+"&map=....

layer
metadata
 WMS_TITLE "Sökt fastighet"
 end
  #group "Grunddata"
  group "Fastigheter"
classitem "FNR"
connectiontype ogr
connection "kartor2007/mapinfo/FASTIGHETSYTA.TAB"
   #maxscale 30000
name "fastvisa"
   status on
   type polygon
        TRANSPARENCY 40
FILTER ([FNR] IN '%fasokex%')
   # 1 class Fastighetsindelning
   class
     name "Fastighetsyta"
          #EXPRESSION ([FNR]=%fasokex%)
          #expression '%fasokex%'
          color 255 166 166
#SYMBOL 'circle'
OVERLAYOUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
OVERLAYSYMBOL 'circle'
OVERLAYSIZE 12
    end
 end

Trying with the same Filter in Mapinfo 6 I cant change the filterparameter:
var fastsok=210176493
http://172.20.1.218/cgi-bin/mapserv6/mapserv.exe?fasokex="+fastsok+"&map=....

FILTER ([FNR] IN '%fasokex%')
with
FILTER ([FNR] IN '210176493') its ok
How to write a filter in Mapserver 6 that works like in Mapserver 5 so i can change the Filter parameter från my application

Is there something that should be added to the websection of the mapfile or some restrictions in Apache?

Mvh
Lars-Göran Edholm    tel 026/24 14 36, telefontid dagligen 08.30-09.30
1:e byggnadsinspektör
Bygg- och miljökontoret
811 80 Sandviken
lars-goran.edholm at sandviken.se<mailto:lars-goran.edholm at sandviken.se>