[mapserver-users] Publishing layer ArcSDE with MapServer in a Linux environment

Michele De Santis tape2m at virgilio.it
Tue Sep 11 02:03:49 PDT 2012

  Hi to everyone!

    In our organization we have faced a specific problem: we need to publish some layers stored in an enterprise geodb (ArcSDE+Oracle) with a MapServer instance installed in a Linux environment.
    From some documentation read from Internet, we learnt about some libraries for integrating MapServer and ArcSDE but we didn't find anything useful for our purposes.
    In particular:
    - we haven't succeeded yet in finding these libraries (Are they really existing? Where can we download them?)
    - we suppose we could have some problems in installing and configuring these libraries, after finding them of course

    Can someone help us in finding, installing and configuring these libraries please?
    I remind that MapServer is working in a Linux environment (Centos).

Thanks to everyone.

Michele