[mapserver-users] SDE Connection

Fawcett, David (MPCA) David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Tue Sep 11 06:21:06 PDT 2012

With earlier versions like 9.2, ESRI put the SDK install files out on their Web site.  With some of the later versions, you need to have the install CDs.

You didn't say what service pack version you are running with 9.2, but here is a page with the SDK for 9.2 sp2:  http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/patches-servicepacks/view/productid/66/metaid/1269  If you are on a different version, Google found this page in about 5 seconds.

You may also have an issue with supported platforms, they usually have a page listing supported Linux disros and versions.  In the past, they have listed Red Hat, but not CentOS.  That doesn't mean that it won't work, I just don't know.

If this doesn't work, or doesn't perform well, you might want to think about a simple ESRI Python script that pulls the data out of the production SDE database and push it into a PostGIS database or even shapefiles for use by MapServer.  You could script it to run on some set time period.

David.