[mapserver-users] [TinyOWS] Broken config using a MAPFILE?

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 08:25:00 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Rahkonen Jukka
<Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>wrote:

Hi Jukka

> I wonder why OpenLayers is sending request for wfs:Query
> typeName="feature:areas" while I suppose that the typeName is actually
> mtl:areas.

Dunno either, but request is valid as they define namespace:
xmlns:feature="http://gis.mediatel.co.uk" in the Query.

> However, it looks like TinyOWS does not care about featuretype namespace
> at all.

Well TinyOWS care about namespace with POST request

> This request works as it should****
>

> http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=lv:mml_paikannimet20&maxFeatures=20
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> However, query finds also a non-existing featuretype foo:mml_paikannimet20
> ****
>

> http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=foo:mml_paikannimet20&maxFeatures=20

But as you could seen, a bit less with GET request !

> Somehow I feel this is a bug.

Could worth to open a ticket, to be more strict on GET Namespace.
But i don't think this behaviour is related to Richard issue.

And the only way to help Richard further is to have a TinyOWS log
from his issue...

--
Olivier