[mapserver-users] [TinyOWS] Broken config using a MAPFILE?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Sep 19 09:17:09 PDT 2012

Olivier Courtin wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi<mailto:Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>> wrote:

> Hi Jukka

I wonder why OpenLayers is sending request for wfs:Query typeName="feature:areas" while I suppose that the typeName is actually mtl:areas.

> Dunno either, but request is valid as they define namespace:
> xmlns:feature="http://gis.mediatel.co.uk<http://gis.mediatel.co.uk/>" in the Query.

Ok, I should have noticed that.

However, it looks like TinyOWS does not care about featuretype namespace at all.

> Well TinyOWS care about namespace with POST request

This request works as it should
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=lv:mml_paikannimet20&maxFeatures=20

However, query finds also a non-existing featuretype foo:mml_paikannimet20
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&version=1.1.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=foo:mml_paikannimet20&maxFeatures=20

> But as you could seen, a bit less with GET request !

Somehow I feel this is a bug.

> Could worth to open a ticket, to be more strict on GET Namespace.
But how strict it should be? Should we learn users to include the correct namespace always in the typeName? It is correct but most users do not care about namespaces and they could feel that frustrating. And I suppose that the colon character needs to be escaped at least inside filters for making the GET requests to work and that makes things more complicated. However, it is possible that the same TinyOWS service has both foo:parcels and bar:parcels.

> But i don't think this behaviour is related to Richard issue.
Me neither.

-Jukka-