[mapserver-users] Data format in vector field rendering

Peisheng Zhao zhaops at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 12 09:14:42 PDT 2013

I have a set of raster data in the format of NetCDF used for vector field rendering. But MapServer cannot use the data directly, and reports "Unable to access file. Corrupt, empty or missing file". I have to translate these NetCDF data into GeoTIFF, then MapServer can render this data without any problem.

MapServer document says MapServer can render vector fields based off data from GDAL supported raster
formats containing u and v bands. In my case, NetCDF is not working, but GeoTIFF is OK. Anyone has any idea about it?

Thanks.

Peisheng