[mapserver-users] MapCache and WMS source with Basic Auth

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Apr 23 14:03:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

I can't get so far as testing the headers because it looks like MapCache cannot use https.
I can see from the logs that MapCache tries to connect our server with plain http but is will fail because we demand https
<http>
             <url>http://my.server.fi/cgi-bin/iwms1</url>
</http>

If I change url to use https then MapCache throws an error and nothing appears into server logs. If someone can confirm that https is not supported I will make a feature request and suggestion to mention this limitation in the Mapcache documentation.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

________________________________
Martin Kofahl wrote:

>  According to http://mapserver.org/mapcache/config.html you can simply add the athorization header to the http section:

<source name="xyz" type="wms">

  <http>

    <headers>

      <Authorization>Basic [base64_encoded value from name,password]</Authorization>

    </headers>

  </http>

</source>

You may use http://www.base64encode.org/ to encode your Username and Password, written as username,password -> encodes to dXNlcm5hbWUscGFzc3dvcmQ=, so the full configuration for this login will be:

<Authorization>Basic dXNlcm5hbWUscGFzc3dvcmQ=</Authorization>

Matrin

2013/4/12 Rahkonen Jukka <jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi<mailto:jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>>
Hi,

Is it possible to configure Mapcache to use a WMS source which is using http Basic authentication through https?  Are there some hidden/undocumented parameters for that or would it work simply by giving the service URL as

<url>https://user:password@vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/wms/vmap0</url>

-Jukka Rahkonen-