[mapserver-users] QGIS vs Mapserver someone use wrong scale ?

Martin Kofahl martin.kofahl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 00:27:26 PST 2013

Hi Andrea,
the inaccuracy may rest upon the resolution defined in your mapfile. By
default, MapServer uses RESOLUTION 72, I think. This is not quite correct
for OGC WMS, because this standard assumes a pixelsize of 0.28 x 0.28 mm²
which is ~90.7 dpi. Not sure if you can set floating point resolutions in
MapServer. Try setting RESOLUTION 90.7 or 91 in your mapfile.

Best regards,
Martin