[mapserver-users] HTML response to GetFeature request

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 07:41:08 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I have a polygons layer published with MapServer that I can access through
WMS and WFS requests in a browser (HTTP GET). I set up this layer in a web
application that tries to fetch it through OpenLayers using a POST request.
This how the body of a post sent by OpenLayers looks like:

<wfs:GetFeature xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs" service="WFS"
version="1.1.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.1.0/wfs.xsd"
<wfs:Query typeName="feature:BuildingsWFS" srsName="EPSG:28992"
xmlns:feature="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mapserver"></wfs:Query>
</wfs:GetFeature>

To this request MapServer is responding back with HTML, which OpenLayers is
naturally unable to process:

   Getting Started with MapServer

    </MapFiles/map_images/TUDOR_RO_test-environment137225658910873.tif>

Why is MapServer responding this way to this request? Could this be caused
by some error in the POST body? Any hints welcome.

Thank you,

Luís