[mapserver-users] Help install MapCache

moisessalgado moises.pgser at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:55:04 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

I am newbie in MapServer, but I was succeed on set up a WMS service with a
single tile. Now I am trying to set up MapCache to work with WMS service
using tiles but I am stuck on the MapCache installation. I am following the
steps in http://mapserver.org/mapcache/install.html but when I edit
'/etc/apache2/sites-available/default' and add the following lines...:

LoadModule mapcache_module    modules/mod_mapcache.so

<IfModule mapcache_module>
   <Directory /var/www/mapcache>
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
   </Directory>
   MapCacheAlias /mapcache "/var/www/mapcache/mapcache.xml"
</IfModule>

... and then, when I try to restart apache I get the error:

* Starting web server apache2
[Thu Nov 28 17:48:09 2013] [warn] module mapcache_module is already loaded,
skipping
Syntax error on line 38 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:
unknown <service> type mapguide
Action 'start' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.

The line 38 of '/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default' is:

MapCacheAlias /mapcache "/var/www/mapcache/mapcache.xml"

The complete content of '/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default' is:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost

        DocumentRoot /var/www
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

        LoadModule mapcache_module    modules/mod_mapcache.so
        <IfModule mapcache_module>
            <Directory /var/www/mapcache>
               Order Allow,Deny
               Allow from all
            </Directory>
            MapCacheAlias /mapcache "/var/www/mapcache/mapcache.xml"
        </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Could someone help me understand and resolve this issue?