[mapserver-users] MapServer reference/demo mapfile and data

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 06:36:50 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I'm about to extend my MapServer IIS installer with some optional
mapfile/data to demonstrate that the installed application is working. Do
we have some kind of official demo/data for MapServer which is expected to
work with all mapserver versions? In my understanding that kind of data
should also coexist in github (just like for msautotest) with the
corresponding branches and the map configuration(s)/data should always be
adjusted according to the recent changes in the MapServer codebase.

For example the itasca demo would be a good candidate, but it doesn't seem
work with the current MapServer release due to the configured ANNOTATION
layers.

Such kind of up to date demo should also go to osgeo4w which has already
been supported with the latest stable/daily builds of MapServer.

Best regards,

Tamas