[mapserver-users] Web Client

Marco Afonso mafonso333 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 03:58:02 PDT 2014

Hi,

Have a look at MapIgniter
https://github.com/taviroquai/MapIgniter

- Based on PHP, CodeIgniter, MapServer, Postgis and OpenLayers 2.11
- Interface as a CMS (like Joomla or Drupal)
- 3 default roles with specific menus: public, user, administrator
- [Your requirements here]

The MapIgniter project is not ready for production but can be a very good
start for your development version.

There will be a MapIgniter version 2 based on a recent framework/cms :)

Cheers,
Marco Afonso

>  Hi,
>
> First of all I would like to say "Hello" to everybody as I am a newbie of
> both MapServer and the mailing list.  I need some suggestions about the web
> based client to send WMS and WFS requests to Map Server to display map and
> database records.
>
> I had a look at the internet and found some projects. But it takes
> unbelievable long time to read all documentations to see if it provides a
> few things I need. The basic functions I need are:
>
> - Possible to list layers
> - Solid zoom in/out functions
> - Design/icons and display functions customizable
> - Preferably written in PHP (not a must)
>
> I won't say no if there's one provides more functions :)
>
> So I wanted to ask which clients are good enough just like a daily chat
> with friends :) I hope I am not breaking any rules of the group at the
> first day.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Many thanks in advance
> Ceyhun