[mapserver-users] Web Client

Dan Little theduckylittle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 05:24:04 PDT 2014

For something simpler, you may want to consider GeoMOOSE.

1. It has a very nice catalog that has been really refined over the years.
2. The Zoom-in/Zoom-out and other capabilities are built atop the
well-proven OpenLayers 2.X code base.
3. It is highly customizable with CSS but comes with a nice set of icons
from the start.  It also uses Dojo for its widget library and can be highly
customized with that toolset.
4. The "services" (such as search, etc.) are based on PHP but are also very
small, light weight, and easy to change.

GeoMOOSE has some other advantages:
- The install is not very large.
- It requires no more PHP dependencies than MapScript (the windows/MS4W
deploy is very easy)
- It can be configured with an XML file.
- We are constantly working on documentation and have a lot of it at our
website www.geomoose.org along with a handy demo at demo.geomoose.org

/me will now stop self promoting. :-)