[mapserver-users] NoData Gap between rasters - Tileindex Layer

Bartlomiej Burkot pomiarowiec10 at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Aug 29 05:28:00 PDT 2014

Hi,

Thanks Jakkua for your suggestion. I recreated the layer with the new
options in gdalwarp:
-tr 0.36 0.36 -tap
which are nearly similar to the output raster before the test.
Additionaly I didn't create pyramid overviews with gdaladdo as I did it
before.

The result is the same. There is still the gap between rasters in
tileindexlayer.
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/big_zoom_level.PNG
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/extrem_line.PNG

http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/sample_between_two_rasters.PNG
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/sample_between_two_rasters2.PNG

I noticed that the white line (noDataValue OR transparent area) occures
in different places per each wms request (different extent).

I did another test:
I've created 3 layers in Mapserver:
1 - as tileindex (TILEINDEX tindex.shp)
2 - as normal one raster file raster2.tif
DATA "raster2.tif"
         TYPE RASTER
3 - as normal one raster file raster3.tif

I've requested the 3 layers in qgis:
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/wms_from_tileindex.PNG
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/two_wms_layers_with_separate_raster.PNG
--here I opened two layers in qgis each layer was configured as separate
raster file.
Than I opened one qgis layer as wms choosing two layers
(LAYERS=raster2,raster3)
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/one_wms_request_with_two_layers_as_separate_raster.PNG

All files include this strange white line.

Than I opened the two raster files directly form qgis as rasterlayers.
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/two_rasters_displayed_directly_from_file.PNG
And the mapimage is correct.

I think it has something to do in resampling during rendering the image
by mapserver.

I noticed that mapserver moved the lower raster pixels by some gap down:
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/gap_between_rasters_in_mapserver.PNG

By opening two rasters directly in qgis there is no shift between pixels
of both rasters.
http://mmapa.pl/newtestraster/no_gap_between_rasters_in_qgis_opened_rasters.PNG

Do you have some more suggestions to help me?

Bartek