[mapserver-users] NoData Gap between rasters - Tileindex Layer

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Aug 29 03:30:46 PDT 2014

Hi,

Run gdalwarp with -tr and -tap http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html. Usually it helps.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Bartlomiej Burkot wrote:

Dear MS Users

I have a set of rasters which I warped to epsg:3857 projection using gdalwarp.
During the reprojecting the new raster had been rotated by small angle.
After that I created a tileindex shape file using gdaltindex and configured layer:
LAYER
        NAME "myname"
        TILEINDEX "tilindex.shp"
        TYPE RASTER
        OFFSITE 0 0 0
    END

On the result map I see the gaps between raster files. Please look at images:

http://mmapa.pl/gaps_between_rasters.PNG
http://mmapa.pl/two_separate_files.PNG
http://mmapa.pl/mapserver_layer_as_tileindex.PNG

Maybe some of you recognize the problem. There is the problem with one pixel gap between raster files in tileindex layer.

Maybe there is a option in gdalwarp command to extend the new image by making it 1 pixel widther? Maybe something like resampling method or algorithm?

I googled similar problem in goeserver:
https://www.mail-archive.com/geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg06220.html

Could you please point me to the right solution?

Thanks in advance

Bartek