[mapserver-users] mapcache - serving air photos to ArcMap and AutoCAD

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 19:27:05 PST 2014

You may have this already, but I know that to get ArcMap to read MapServer
WMS you must have a title and srs definition in the map file's layer
metadata. For example:

  METADATA   # stuff for WMS to make ArcMap happy
    "wms_title"  "Layer Name" # REQUIRED
    "wms_srs"   "EPSG:3739"  # REQUIRED
  END

Rich

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Mark Volz <MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the past I have used MapServer to serve wms to several different
> applications.  It worked fine.  Now I am trying to use MapCache to serve to
> WMS clients.  It is not working for all of my clients.
>
> Openlayers and QGIS Work.
>
> ArcMap
> - Error:  WMS Server exceptions: Service Error.  Description: received
> unsuitable wms request: no <grid> with suitable srs found for layer
> USGS2006.
>
> AutoCAD Civil 3D
> - Failed to get bands data.  The HTTP request could not be understood by
> the server due to malformed syntax.
>
> If anyone has any thoughts on how I can fix this issue let me know.
> Thanks
>
> Sincerely,
> Mark Volz

Richard Greenwood