[mapserver-users] Shapezip 3D

Guillaume Sueur no-reply at neogeo-online.net
Fri Feb 28 08:29:15 PST 2014

Hi list,

I'm trying to generate a 3D shapefile with OGR SHAPEZIP format. I'm
using MapServer 6.5 compiled with USE_POINT_Z_M options.
mapserv -v gives :
MapServer version 6.5-dev OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=POINT_Z_M INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

My data are stored in Postgis 2.1. They are 3D. I've added the
"ows_geomtype"  "MultiPolygon25D" metadata to my layer.

What I get is a 3D shapefile, but all the Z values are set to 0.

Lookking at the request made by MapServer to Postgis, I see the geom is
requested with Force2D function :
encode(ST_AsBinary(ST_Force2D("the_geom"),'NDR'),'hex') as geom

Is this a bug or is there some more settings I didn't set properly ?

Thanks

Guillaume