[mapserver-users] Upgrading Apache and PHP that came with MS4W

Ludwig Kniprath ludwig at kni-online.de
Fri Feb 28 07:35:32 PST 2014

------------------------------
Message: 2
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:50:04 +0000
From: "EVANS, JAMES R GS-13 USAF ACC 84 RADES/SCZE"
	<james.evans.4 at us.af.mil>
To:"mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org"
	<mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [mapserver-users] Upgrading Apache and PHP that came with
	MS4W

I'm running the dev version of MS4W with Mapcache.   Our security scans are pointing to Apache and PHP that came with MS4W as vulnerabilities.  Our system admin tried updating the Apache, but this caused problems with mod_mapcache.dll.  Has anyone had any luck upgrading the Apache and PHP that came with MS4W without breaking things?  Also, is there a good document describing how to deploy the latest Mapserver/Mapcache on a widows server?
James

Hi ms4w-User,
glad to hear we are not alone with that problem, we also use ms4w and have no possibilities to compile mapserver-windows-binaries for actual versions of apache and php.
The last (dev!) version on the ms4w-Download-site ist mapserver 6.0.3 and almost 2 years old, the included apache and php-versions as well.
The versions for osgeo4w are even older.
We want to upgrade the apache-php-mapscript-parts of our webserver *independent* and need therefore php-mapscript-modules for different (and more actual...) apache and php-versions, 32 and 64 bit.
It seems, ms4w development and support is down, who can help? How can he be monetarily supported?
Ludwig