[mapserver-users] custom programming with Mapserver's python or java or C# mapscrip

Sajid Anwar sajid.khatana at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 04:34:39 PST 2014

Hello,

I am wondering how to write a program (function) for Map server, which
dynamically handle arbitrary shapefile, and will change the style like
color etc, on the basis of attribute from shapefile. I want to develop and
rendered choropleth map for arbitrary shapefile.

I know that we can use MapScript languge like python for custom
programming, and I already read some tutorial about python mapscript. I
need help/direction about which scripting language is easy to use and more
flexible and from where to start ,other link without Map-server website and
example.

I already use the Map file in cgi mode, but it is static and here we
manually change the file(metadata) for each shape file. i am interested in
a function /program which can handle styling for arbitrary shapefile.

Thanks in advance

sajid

student