[mapserver-users] custom programming with Mapserver's python or java or C# mapscrip

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jan 6 07:00:58 PST 2014

On 2014-01-06 8:34 AM, Sajid Anwar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering how to write a program (function) for Map server, which
> dynamically handle arbitrary shapefile, and will change the style like
> color etc, on the basis of attribute from shapefile. I want to develop
> and rendered choropleth map for arbitrary shapefile.
>
> I know that we can use MapScript languge like python for custom
> programming, and I already read some tutorial about python mapscript. I
> need help/direction about which scripting language is easy to use and
> more flexible and from where to start ,other link without Map-server
> website and example.
>

> I already use the Map file in cgi mode, but it is static and here we
> manually change the file(metadata) for each shape file. i am interested
> in a function /program which can handle styling for arbitrary shapefile.

Sometimes nice examples can be found in the MapServer wiki
(https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki).  Maybe also check the old
wiki, which is linked from there.  And don't be afraid to create a new
wiki page, to help others with what you learned.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/