[mapserver-users] non spatial MSSQL data in a Layer JOIN

KenHeer1 kenheer1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 08:04:45 PST 2014

I have attribute data in a MS SQL database that I want to join in a Mapserver
layer to data I have in a shapefile, but I cannot find anything that says
yes you can or no you cannot. Really trying to get away from having to
maintain this data in two places. The data in MSSQL is not spatial data. I
found lots of posts on trying to get spatial data out of MSSQL but not what
I needed. Closest result found was using ODBC connection but I couldn't find
anything recent or specific examples.

Is this possible and if so, can you point me to some docs on it?