[mapserver-users] Can MapCache address a Group on my Mapserver?

thomas.bonfort at gmail.com thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 08:58:15 PST 2014

MapCache doesn't actually interpret the layers from your source WMS server, it just splits the returned image data into tiles. So as Peter said, you can easily use multiple WMS layers in a single mapcache tileset by specifying multiple layers in your mapcache source, e.g.:

<source name="foobar" type="wms">
      <http>
         <url>http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/path/to/mymap.map</url>
      </http>
      <getmap>
         <params>
            <FORMAT>image/png</FORMAT>
            <LAYERS>layers1,layer2,layer3....,layerN</LAYERS>
         </params>
      </getmap>
   </source>

you can also group your layers in the mapfile directly, and reference that group name in your mapcache configuration.

--
thomas