[mapserver-users] HTML template explanation

Stefanos Anastasiou emperor_stef at yahoo.gr
Thu Jan 9 13:34:12 PST 2014

Hi everyone..!!!

I'm super noob and I'm still struggling with initialization files and templates. :-)   Right now I'm stuck in this example http://mapserver.org/mapfile/template.html#example-template and I'm pretty confused on it's functionality. How does the form work?  What is the connection of it with  CGI and how it passes values to Mapserver ?   I'd also like to understand if these examples shown are only to show the fundamental functionality of it. I'm asking this because I've seen applications that some people post here and they do not use a "Refresh" button every time they want to zoom in for example, so what is different with these applications?

Sorry for the weird questions but I'm still new and I'm trying to find my way around.  :-)

Thank you very much