[mapserver-users] non spatial MSSQL data in a Layer JOIN

KenHeer1 kenheer1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:54:21 PST 2014

I actually caught that from your example and that was the key in getting the
join to work with the other table. My statement now is: (zones is the
shapefile, zone is the tablename)

ogrinfo -sql "select zones.*, zone.* from zones left join
'MSSQL:server=server\instance;database=dbname;UID=userid;PWD=password;Tables=myschema.zone'.zone
ON zones.ZONEID = zone.zoneid" C:/Path/to/zones.shp

This works perfect joining to the other table but not the zone table. I
thought too that the field types might be different but they are the same in
both tables in the sql database. The only difference between the table is
the addition of the text lat and long fields but since they are not geometry
fields, only text, I would imagine they would be treated as any other string
field in the table.