[mapserver-users] Is possible to have false color from formulas

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 23:23:03 PST 2014

Hi,

I have some 4 bands tiff rasters, and like to show some layer as
combination of this 4 bands.
To have this I use the PROCESSING Layers element

like this

    PROCESSING "BANDS=4,1,2"

It work greatly and show an image with false colors.
where the 4th band is returned as Red, the 1th as Green and the 2th as Blue.

But I have also some more complex formulas like this:

(4-1)/(4+1)R 2G 3B   (NDVI Normalized Difference Vegetation Index)

Where the

R is obtained as the apply of this formula:

( (level of 4th band) - (level of 1th band) ) / ( (level of 4th band) +
(level of 1th band) )

and G and B channel are unchanged.

Is possible , using the processing and LUT options satisfy a so complex
formula ?

Thx,

--
Andrea Peri