[mapserver-users] One table with multiple GeometryColumns

Thomas Bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 02:38:37 PST 2014

AFAIK, creating 3 distinct layers is currently the only solution
available, which has the inconvenience that the client must explicitely
request the correct layer in order to avoid the overhead of reprojection.
You can use INCLUDEs inside those layers in order to avoid duplicating
the rest of the LAYER configuration (i.e. for everything except NAME,
DATA, PROJECTION).
The mechanism used for
http://mapserver.org/fr/development/rfc/ms-rfc-86.html SCALETOKENs could
probably be extended to include other runtime-replaceable tokens
(notably projection id), but there would still be issues in that case as
to how mapserver itself should be instructed whether to reproject the
data or not.

--
thomas