[mapserver-users] Variable substitution in CONNECTION string on cascading WMS?

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Mon Jan 27 19:25:59 PST 2014

Hi

Is it possible to have variable substitution within the CONNECTION string for CONNECTIONTYPE WMS?

Here is a layer section from my mapfile:

LAYER
  NAME farm
  GROUP "CRS"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTION "http://remoteserver/cgi-bin/mywms.exe?farmid=%farmid%"
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  METADATA
   "wms_srs"             "EPSG:2193"
   "wms_name"            "farm"
   "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
   "wms_format"          "image/png"
   "wms_exceptions_format" "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml"
  END
 END

I am wanting to hit my cascading Mapserver WMS and pass it a farmid value which should then be passed through to the other WMS server for processing.

Many thanks,

Robert Sanson

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and then delete this email from your system.

This message has been scanned for Malware and Viruses by Websense Hosted Security.
www.websense.com