[mapserver-users] Publishing International Characters (Hindi) labels in WMS

davequery78 davequery78 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 02:36:27 PST 2014

Thanks Stephen for your prompt reply

Mapserver Version

mapserv -v
MapServer version 6.0.3 (MS4W 3.0.6) OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=KM
L SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUP
PORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPOR
TS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
SUPPORTS=
THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEF
ILE

ALso, I changed my fonts to mangal.ttf which has Hindi Glyphs as per
attached snapshot.

But still no Luck.
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5100668/hindi-2.png>