[mapserver-users] Rendering OSM data with MapServer+MapCache

Juanma M. R. juanma.mr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:13:37 PDT 2014

Dear list,

I have managed to install and configure succesfully a server showing data
from OSM with the MapServer+MapCache convination. I followed these
instructions
<https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/Rendering-OSM-data-on-Ubuntu-12.04>
and
some hacks that were necessary.

The issue is that I have migrated from a mapnik+mod_tile server because
some requirements that it didn't acomplished but the rendering of the map
with mapnik was the same as the one shown in the OSM server.

I also managed to configure a mapserver (without cache feature) with a .map
file styling OSM but it is neither the one from OSM server.

Does anyone know how to apply this style, the one from OSM server, to this
data being renderd by MapServer? Does anyone done the migration from the
OSM server style to mapfile or XML format for MapServer?

Regards,
Juan Manuel Moreno Rivera.

Sección de Teledetección y SIG / Remote Sensing & GIS group

Instituto de Desarrollo Regional / Institute for Regional Development

Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha / University of Castilla-La Mancha

Tlf: +34 967599200 (Ext: 2623)
http://www.teledeteccionysig.es/