[mapserver-users] - Tile index

scott159 at free.fr scott159 at free.fr
Sun Oct 19 23:22:25 PDT 2014

Hi,

I transfer this question to mapserver-users :
I want to use mapserver with spatial index in postgres/postgis. The mapfile looks like :

          LAYER
                NAME "footprint"
                STATUS ON
                TYPE POLYGON
                EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
                CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
                CONNECTION "dbname=test host=X.X.X.X port=5432 user='usr' password='pwd'"
                DATA "the_geom FROM view USING UNIQUE id USING srid=4326"
                FILTER "the_geom is not null"
                PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
                OPACITY 100
                PROJECTION
                        "init=epsg:4326"
                END
                CLASS
                        NAME 'footprint1'
                        STYLE
                                WIDTH 2
                                OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
                                OPACITY 10
                        END
                END
                CLASS
                        NAME 'footprint2'
                        STYLE
                                WIDTH 2
                                OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
                        END
                END
        END

        LAYER
                DEBUG 3
                NAME "raster"
                STATUS ON
                TYPE RASTER
                OFFSITE 0 0 0
                OPACITY 100
                PROJECTION
                        "init=epsg:4326"
                END
                TILEITEM "the_path"
                TILEINDEX "footprint"
        END

With 6.4.1, everything is ok, raster layer is visible and there is no error in log file.
But when I try to use this mapfile with 6.5-dev on x64 wheezy, only footprint layer is visible. The raster layer is not visible and it seems non item index is defined cf log file below :

msDrawRasterLayerLow(raster): entering.
msEvalExpression(): General error message. Cannot evaluate expression, no item index defined.

How to defined item index with 6.5-dev ?

Cheers