[mapserver-users] - Tile index

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Oct 20 01:18:10 PDT 2014

Hi Scott,

I managed to get PostGIS tileindex work as follows with Mapserver 6.5-dev:

	                CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
	                CONNECTION "PG:dbname=xxx host=yyy port=5432 user='zzz' password='xyz'"
	                DATA "select * from tindextest"
	              #  FILTER "geom is not null"

and with native connection as
                CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
                CONNECTION "dbname=xxx host=yyy port=5432 user=zzz password='xyz'"
                DATA "geom FROM tindextest USING UNIQUE gid USING srid=3067"
                #FILTER "geom is not null"

With both connection types I got this error before I commented the FILTER out:
 "msEvalExpression(): General error message. Cannot evaluate expression, no item index defined."

This feels like a bug that could be a side effect of new development made with filters. Make a ticket to Github if you can verify.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

scott159 at free.fr