[mapserver-users] STYLEITEM AUTO and LABEL ENCODING can't exist simultaneously??

Eva Jelínková evka.jelinkova at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 01:57:18 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am using MapServer 6.4.1 and I also encountered the problem with encoding
while using STYLEITEM AUTO.

There is my mapfile and DGN file in an attachment. This mapfile works well,
because I defined LABEL there (I can! what an advantage compared to
Chinese...), but when I leave CLASS empty and set STYLEITEM AUTO, special
characters are not displaying. In this small case I can use LABEL encoding
and I can display data correctly, but if I have different DGN file with
many labels in it and in many styles, it is really unpleasant to style them
all just because of encoding...

I would really appreciate if there is possibility to define encoding in
STYLEITEM AUTO mode.

Thank you,
Eva Jelinkova

P.S.: EPSG:5514 is:
<5514> +proj=krovak +lat_0=49.5 +lon_0=24.83333333333333
+alpha=30.28813972222222 +k=0.9999 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +ellps=bessel
+pm=greenwich +units=m +towgs84=570.8,85.7,462.8,4.998,1.587,5.261,3.56
+no_defs <>