[mapserver-users] Calculation of scale in mapserver

Malm Paul paul.malm at saabgroup.com
Mon Oct 27 03:23:04 PDT 2014

Hi,
I wounder how MapServer can know the current scale I'm using in my client, it must be calculated from the URL BBOX. But how does WMS know the physical size of this box on the clients screen?

The MIN/MAX-SCALEDENOM are used in WMS but not in WFS.
I would like to search for WFS objects from objects that are visible om my screen (WMS).
To do that I need to know what scale WMS is currently using, or how it's calculated. Otherwise I can't filter out the correct layers in my WFS query (layers that are not WMS-rendered).

Any ideas?
Kind regards,
Paul