[mapserver-users] overviews from Postgis-Raster

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu May 7 05:18:27 PDT 2015

On 2015-05-07 5:20 AM, Ahmet Temiz wrote:
> hello
>
> Can you give me a hint about using overviews from Postgis-raster data
> store ?
>
> kind regards

I use PG 9.4.1 with Postgis 2.1.7 on MS4W and Ubuntu, and when I load
raster data, to create overviews through the raster2pgsql utility I
specify the "-l" switch and a factor, such as "-l 2".  That will produce
an extra table containing the overviews (if the regular table is
"lidar", the overview table will be named "o_2_lidar").  Then I can
choose to show either table in MapServer.  If I want to show the
overview table, I would specify "table=0_2_lidar" inside my DATA
statement in the mapfile.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna