[mapserver-users] overviews from Postgis-Raster

Ahmet Temiz ahmettemiz88 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 01:55:01 PDT 2015

Thank you,

Are overview tables constructed as different layers in mapserver's map file
?

if so,
I guess:
according to zoom level, we choose overview layers or original full
resolution map.

Am I correct ?

please let me know

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>
wrote:

> On 2015-05-07 5:20 AM, Ahmet Temiz wrote:
>
>> hello
>>
>> Can you give me a hint about using overviews from Postgis-raster data
>> store ?
>>
>> kind regards
>>

> I use PG 9.4.1 with Postgis 2.1.7 on MS4W and Ubuntu, and when I load
> raster data, to create overviews through the raster2pgsql utility I specify
> the "-l" switch and a factor, such as "-l 2".  That will produce an extra
> table containing the overviews (if the regular table is "lidar", the
> overview table will be named "o_2_lidar").  Then I can choose to show
> either table in MapServer.  If I want to show the overview table, I would
> specify "table=0_2_lidar" inside my DATA statement in the mapfile.
>
> -jeff
>

> --
> Jeff McKenna
> MapServer Consulting and Training Services
> http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Ahmet Temiz
Jeoloji Müh.
Afet ve Acil Durum Yönetimi Başkanlığı
Bilgi İşlem  Dairesi Başkanlığı-CBS Grubu

Ahmet Temiz
Geological Eng.
Information Systems - GIS Group
Disaster and Emergency Management