[mapserver-users] Don't Mapserver support srsName as OGC HTTP URI?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Oct 30 09:03:26 PDT 2015

Le vendredi 30 octobre 2015 16:30:27, Rahkonen Jukka (MML) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> From WFS 1.1.0 standard:
>
> Any valid URI value can be assigned to the srsName attribute. However, in
> order to enhance interoperability, a web feature service must be able to
> process srsName attribute values with the following format models: *
> EPSG:<EPSG code>
> * http://www.opengis.net/gml/srs/epsg.xml#<EPSG code>
> * urn:EPSG:geographicCRC:<epsg code>
>
> Mapserver 7.0 WFS 1.1.0 does accept EPSG:4326 and it accepts also
> urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326. However, it does not accept srsName=
> http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/EPSG/0/4326

Yep, confirmed. The relevant code is at
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/blob/branch-7-0/mapwfs.c#L310

That could probably be routed to
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/blob/branch-7-0/mapfile.c#L1527 which
supports more syntaxes, but it might not be obvious to get back the EPSG code
from the projectionObj* object. Hence probably this custom method in the WFS
code to get the EPSG code and compare it to the list of authorized ones.

> I have tested this both with GET and POST requests and I am almost sure
> that this is a bug but can somebody verify if my query is correct:

> <wfs:GetFeature xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
> xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
> xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs" service="WFS" version="1.1.0"
> maxFeatures="1000" outputFormat="text/xml; subtype=gml/3.1.1"> <wfs:Query
> srsName="http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/EPSG/0/4326"
> typeName="states_table"> </wfs:Query>
> </wfs:GetFeature>
>
> Similar query does work with Geoserver.

Yes, it would probably be good to support the
http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/EPSG/0/ syntax which is the latest one promoted
by OGC I think ? Until they change again their minds.

http://www.spatialys.com