[mapserver-users] Mapserver filter/expression by DATE

drobins d.robins at gisarts.nl
Tue Aug 9 04:56:01 PDT 2016

I have a PostGIS database and I have a column "startdate" and "enddate" in my
database (YYYY-MM-DD format).
What I want to do is make a filter/expression that checks if a certain
selected date falls between those 2 dates.

Example:
I have a checkbox for enable/disable the following layers:
2016
2017
2018
2019
2020

I have an entry in my database with:
startdate: 2016-01-01
enddate: 2019-01-01

If I check the layer 2017, I would like it to check if its between the
start/enddate and if yes, display it.
Is this possible with Mapserver/Openlayers?