[mapserver-users] Fw: Help setting up a OSM WMS service with Mapserver: attribution text and 180 issues

Brent Wood pcreso at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 12:19:45 PST 2016

Hi,
Resent due to formatting issues - apologies!

I'm organising the setting up of a public WMS service for OSM data around New Zealand.
 This system is working, in a basic way, but there are some specific questions I have:
1. What is the recommended way to have mapserver display a logo & OSM attribution on the map.
2. how can I best address the issue where features E of the 190 line are not displayed E of the 180 line - ie: as +-180 rather than 0-360.

The system is a fully automated build - on Github at https://github.com/kinow/nz-osm-server
At present, we envisage performance as WMS is adequate for the anticipated load, and given we want to support multiple styles & projections - the space required for pre-rendered tiles is prohibitive.

We are supporting a few different map styles. You can open it as a standalone map tool in a browser with each of the styles (michelin, bing & google) here:
http://maps.nzoss.org.nz/?mode=browse&template=openlayers&layers=all&map=/opt/basemaps/osm-michelin.map
and
http://maps.nzoss.org.nz/?mode=browse&template=openlayers&layers=all&map=/opt/basemaps/osm-bing.map
and